Ruby red, supremely sweet, and currently in season—we’re talking about strawberries, of course—summer’s favorite fruit that we never seem to tire of. That’s why we’re on the hunt for more creative recipes to make the most of them this year.
Community Contest: Send Us Your Best Strawberry Recipes
Ready. Steady. Cook! Which recipe will reign supreme?
So we’re introducing our first ever recipe contest, and it starts right now! Coated in frozen yogurt, whizzed into a smoothie, or added to a salad—how do you enjoy your strawberries? Grab your aprons, gather your recipes, start cooking, and don’t forget to share your recipe with us!
How to submit your recipe?
Send your recipes via e-mail to email@example.com, including the following information:
- ingredients list
- step-by-step instructions
- an original photo of the finished dish that can be shared by us
- a brief explanation of why your dish is so special and any stories or special tips to go with it
You can submit as many recipes as you like, as long as you’ve created them yourself—an old family recipe or a significant adaptation of another recipe works perfectly fine, too, but it’s only fair to credit the original author and tell us how you’ve made it your own.
What are we looking for?
This contest is all about strawberries—make sure they’re the star of your recipe. Furthermore, we’re looking for new recipe ideas, so focus on those that you can’t already find on Kitchen Stories in order to truly stand out. While we love cake, pie, and sorbet, they’re already part of our repertoire—think outside of the box!
Head here to see our existing strawberry recipes, then surprise us with something new, yummy, and original. How about a savory dish? Or flavor combinations that will make us raise our eyebrows (and our mouths water at the same time)? Inspire us!
Is there a prize to win?
Of course—lots of love and interaction from our community! We’ll translate your recipe, publish it for the world to taste, and promote it on Kitchen Stories, center stage.
When is this all happening?
- This recipe contest will launch on May 16th at 2:00 a.m. CEST (Central European Summer Time).
- You can send us your recipes via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) until May 30th at 23:59 p.m. CEST. You can submit as many recipes as you like.
- Our hungry and experienced Kitchen Stories test team will narrow the selection down to max. 10 recipes. We will go for recipes that are unusual, yummy, and original. The shortlisted recipes will be published on Kitchen Stories on June 3rd at 2:00 a.m. CEST.
- You will have until June 17th 23:59 p.m. CEST to cast your vote by cooking, liking, commenting, and sharing the recipes. But please keep in mind the spirit of friendly competition: A recipe may not be your cup of tea, but please opt for constructive feedback over negativity.
- We will present the winning recipe, runner-up, and our special team pick on June 20th, 2018. Evaluation will be based on which recipes were cooked most frequently, praised most kindly, and shared most enthusiastically.
Now cast your votes!
Here are your 10 best strawberry recipes (in no particular order):
Any questions? Post them below! Best of luck, and happy cooking!
Published on May 16, 2018