- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tsp ground caraway
- 2 tsp ground anise
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, caraway, anise seed, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
In a separate bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Whisk in the egg, then whisk in the vanilla.
Mix wet ingredients and the dry ingredients with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be thick and soft. Cover the dough and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
5. Preheat the oven to 165°C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes if you had it chilling for more than 2 hours.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for coating)
- ¾ cup chopped pistachio (for coating)
Roll cookie dough balls into shredded coconut and ground pistachios (optional).
Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on the oven until the edges are golden brown.