- 3 eggs
- 180 g carrots
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- stand mixer or hand mixer with beaters
- 2 mixing bowls
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Separate eggs into two bowls. Finely grate carrots, mash banana with a fork, and add both to the egg yolks. Add some maple syrup and mix using a stand mixer or hand mixer with beaters.
- 130 g ground almonds
- 50 g whole - grain spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
Add ground almonds, whole-grain spelt flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to the mixture and mix well. Beat the egg whites with some salt and gently fold into batter.
- 100 g unsweetened apricot jam or apricot - apple purée
- coconut oil for greasing
- whole - grain spelt flour for dusting
- 20 - cm / 8 - in. springform pan
- serrated bread knife
- rubber spatula
- cooling rack (optional)
- offset spatula (optional)
Grease and flour a cake pan and transfer batter to pan. Transfer to oven and bake for approx. 35 min. at 180 °C/350 °F, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Remove springform and slice cake horizontally. Coat bottom half with apricot jam and set upper half on top.
- 40 g additive - free cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cold - pressed cocoa powder
For the glaze, carefully melt cocoa butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk in maple syrup and cocoa powder. Coat cake with the glaze. Enjoy!