- ⅓ tbsp chili powder (for coating)
- ⅓ tbsp ground cumin (for coating)
- ⅔ tsp garlic powder (for coating)
- ⅓ tsp paprika
- ⅓ tsp oregano (for coating)
- ⅓ tsp salt (for coating)
- ⅛ tsp pepper (for coating)
Add the fajitas seasoning ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it into the chicken.
- 1⅓ tbsp olive oil
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts for about 7-8 minutes on each side. Then remove them from the pan and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.
- ⅔ onion, thinly sliced
- 1⅓ bell peppers, thinly sliced
While your chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
Once the chicken is removed, saute the bell peppers and onion in the same skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- ⅓ lime
Add the chicken back into the skillet and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir everything together.
- tortilla (for serving)
Serve immediately with tortillas and extra toppings.