- 100 g butter (soft)
- 2 eggs
- 130 g flour
- 20 g oats
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (heaping)
- 1 tsp baking powder (heaping)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- butter for greasing
- flour for dusting
- hand mixer with beaters or stand mixer
- large bowl
- springform pan (28-cm/11-inch)
Mix all ingredients to make the sponge cake batter. Butter a springform pan and dust with flour. Pour the batter into the pan and distribute evenly. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for approx. 20 min. until golden.
- 37 g vanilla custard powder
- 40 g sugar
- 500 ml milk
Follow packet instructions to make the vanilla custard. Then set aside to cool.
- cake ring (28-cm/11-inch)
Wash the strawberries. Place the sponge cake on a cake plate, then put a cake ring around it. Remove the skin on top of the custard, then evenly distribute on top of the sponge cake. Neatly arrange strawberries on top of the custard layer.
- 18 g jelly powder (strawberry flavor)
- 60 g sugar
- 300 ml water
- whipped cream for serving
Follow packet instructions to prepare the jelly and use a tablespoon to evenly spread it on top of the strawberries. Put the cake in the fridge for at least 1 h. Serve with whipped cream.