- 1 tbsp yogurt (for marinating)
Hang the yoghurt in a muslin cloth for 10 minutes and then toss it in the bowl.
- 750 g chicken breasts
- 1½ tsp ginger garlic paste (for marinating)
- ½ tsp chili powder (for marinating)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (ground, for marinating)
- 1 tsp curry powder (for marinating)
- ¼ tsp garam masala (for marinating)
- ½ tsp salt (for marinating)
Add the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mild curry powder, garam masala and salt, mix well then combine with the chicken cubes. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
In a frying pan add 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp of butter, cook the chicken and keep aside.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
Stir fry the bell peppers and onions by adding ½ tsp of mild curry powder and a pinch of salt. Fry until the pepper starts to blister and the edges and the onions turn brown and keep aside.
- 2 tbsp tomato purée (passata)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp kasuri methi
- 1½ tsp honey
In a pan heat the oil, add the cumin seeds, fresh tomato puree, ginger garlic paste, tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, mild curry powder, garam masala, kasuri methi, honey and salt.
- 2 green chilis
- 150 ml curry paste
Cook this puree by adding ½ a cup of water and stirring continuously as this will get thick, once this is done add the curry paste and mix well. Now add the peppers, onions, chicken and green chillis, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.